Terms And Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Important information—please read carefully
Bookings, cancellation fees and pricing
· After making a booking you will be sent a provisional booking note or confirmed booking note. Please read and check the details carefully and notify us of any discrepancy immediately.
· We will hold a provisional booking for up to 4 weeks from the date of booking. If a deposit has not been received within this 4 week period we may cancel your booking without notice. A deposit is a non-returnable booking fee that is deducted from your final balance. In the event of cancellation by the customer it is non-returnable. By paying a deposit you are accepting the terms and conditions as laid out here.
· In the event of a booking being cancelled at less than 60 days notice, or in the event of non-arrival, Belchamps reserves the right to charge the full price for the facilities booked.
In the event of cancellation the following charges apply:
More than 60 days before date of event—Loss of deposit
60-31 days before date of event—50% of total cost
30-8 days before date of event—75% of total cost
7—1 day before or no show—100% of total cost
Cancellations must be made in writing or by e-mail to Belchamps Scout Centre with the date of delivery being deemed the date of notification. The percentages listed above relate to the total cost of the booking. However deposit will be forfeited in full even if it should be more than the subsequent total due. We suggest you may want to arrange your own cancellation insurance particularly for large bookings.
· Charges are subject to change and not necessarily those that were current at the time of making the booking. Please check with the office for up to date information. Prices are normally only changed on an annual basis on January 1st.
· Belchamps reserves the right to cancel, alter or delay any camp or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as illness, weather, or any situation that we believe would put participants or employees in danger.
· All evening visits must be paid for in full at least 1 week in advance.
· Groups hiring indoor accommodation are asked to note that no bedding, cleaning consumables are provided in the buildings.
· All buildings are non-smoking.
· From January 2009 electricity is included in the price of the building rental. However excessive usage is chargeable. This includes powering a bouncy castle, electric barbeque or other equipment from the building supply. The group leader should contact reception prior to using such equipment to arrange a suitable fee, failure to pre arrange high usage electricity make incur costs of up to £25 per day.
· We do not supply first aid kits in any of our buildings.
· We reserve the right to charge groups who do not leave buildings as they found them or cause damage to buildings or equipment.
· You should notify us at the earliest opportunity if you find anything dirty or damaged so that we can replace it for you.
· We do not allow dogs or other animals anywhere on site at Belchamps
· All buildings are non–smoking and consideration to others should be given when smoking outdoors. We discourage smoking in front of young people and anywhere on the campsite. The area directly outside the campsite should not be used for smoking.
· Consideration should be given to the welfare of your group and others, young people in particular when consuming alcohol on this campsite. Under no circumstances may alcohol be drank in public areas of the site or in front of other groups
· We reserve the right to remove anyone from the site who is obviously under the influence of alcohol and causing a nuisance.
· Responsibility for the supervision and welfare of groups remains with the responsible adult (camp leader) notified on the booking form.
· All group leaders should report to reception to sign in on arrival.
· The site speed limit is 5 miles per hour. Please ensure all adults in your group are aware of this including those dropping off or collecting.
· Vehicles are not generally allowed on camping areas. We do allow vehicles on site to unload bulky camping equipment, however permission must be obtained from reception before attempting to drive on to the camping areas. Parents/carers must not drive on to the camping areas to drop young people off. They should be asked to park in the car park and walk to the site.
· Please observe a noise curfew between 10.30pm and 7.30am.
· Please ensure that no campers pass through other groups sites.
· Radios are generally not encouraged, so please ensure that any radios or similar cannot be heard from any neighbouring sites and turn them down if asked.
· Please seek authorisation to use amplified music or voice from reception.
Waste disposal & Recycling
· Please do not dig pits at Belchamps, all rubbish is to be disposed of in recycling bins/industrial waste bins at the entrance.
· Please use the metal ash bins and shovels provided next to the waste bins to clear fire bases. Do not put hot ashes in the waste bins or dispose of in the hedges. The disposal of large amounts of none camp rubbish such as old tentage is not allowed.
Firewood and fires
· Firewood is available from our well stocked wood piles. Please use it conservatively and return any unused wood to the woodpile.
· Ground fires are not allowed, except on the back-to-basics site. Please ensure you use the purpose-built concrete fire blocks or altar fires available from the equipment store. Please use a draining device such as a bucket with holes filled with grass to strain all waste water. Buckets are available from the equipment store.
Use of photography and any other recorded media
· All photographs, videos and any other recorded media, may be used by Belchamps for marketing or advertising purposes without any payment or compensation being offered and without any request being made to featured parties.
· If you have any complaint please notify us as soon as possible in order that we can find a satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please write to the Centre Manager within 7 days of your event.
· Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol during an activity session, not cooperating with the session instructor or to be causing a dangerous situation during an activity will be asked to leave. Refusal will result in the activity session being stopped and cancelled without refund.
· Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol and being a risk to others on site will be asked to leave the site immediately.
· Please ensure that the language used by your group is not foul or offensive. As well as not being appropriate to a Scout campsite please consider your neighbours.
Dogs and other animals
· Dogs or other animals are not allowed on site with the exception of guide dogs.
· The responsible adult (camp leader) is responsible for first aid for your group. We do not supply first aid kits in any of our buildings.
· Whilst we endeavour to allocate groups the campsite they have requested we reserve the right to offer an alternative site if conditions so indicate.
· We reserve the right to charge groups who do not leave buildings or sites as they found them or who damage equipment. All buildings and sites are checked prior to your arrival. Please notify us at the earliest opportunity if you find anything dirty or damaged.
· Activities booked in advance will be charged for in full if the group fails to turn up.
Safety of young people and all other site users
· All group leaders must ensure that every adult (over the age of 18) has followed the checking procedure as laid out by their organisation and has been deemed suitable to work with children. The Scout Association yellow card rules apply at all times. Please contact reception if you require a copy of this. All adults staying over night with scout groups must be Scout Association CRB cleared.
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions, aggressive or noisy behaviour may result in your group being removed from the campsite with immediate effect whatever the time of day. The local police will support us in this action.